Annual Fund Manager
Option to office in Edina, MN, but not required
Founded in 2003, Pinky Swear Foundation is a 501c(3) not-for-profit passionately committed to helping children with cancer and their families by responding to the immediate crisis facing families with a childhood cancer diagnosis. Pinky Swear supports families’ quality-of-life with financial assistance for basic needs and through experiences that create emotional support, so they can focus on what's most important: their child battling cancer. Inspired by a pinky swear promise made between a 9-year-old boy and his dad, the foundation engages kids to help grow the community of keepers of the pinky swear.
Pinky Swear is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We provide comprehensive benefits and support a flexible working culture based on respect and trust. We are a committed team serving an impactful mission to help kids with cancer and their families. If you are looking to make a difference and have a career with meaning, please apply to join us!
The Annual Fund Manager is an integral part of the development team, working directly with the Director of Development to grow the individual giving program to meet overall department and organizational revenue and program goals. The Annual Fund Manager will lead the annual fund by creating and enhancing donor identification, cultivation, invitation and stewardship strategies.
A successful candidate is passionate about the mission, has experience in development or sales, and is motivated to grow Pinky Swear Foundation’s Annual Fund while growing themselves as a leader and team player.
- Create and lead a comprehensive strategic plan for the annual fund program, currently including donors who give gifts of $250 to $999
- Lead direct mail and electronic giving campaigns by creating objectives, segmenting recipient lists, engaging campaign writers and the marketing team, managing timelines, and evaluating results
- Plan, implement, and evaluate an annual calendar of development activities, in collaboration with other team members and departments
- Create and execute stewardship plans for annual donors, including timely thank you calls and emails, striving for authentic relationships
- Enhance and grow the recurring giving program
- Create and execute a strategy for first time donors to make a second gift
- Identify annual fund donors who could become major donors
- Create and manage a tribute giving program
- Lead employee giving retention and growth strategies
- Lead letters of encouragement for individuals, including inviting annual fund personas to participate and following-up with participants
- Help build a culture of philanthropy, ensuring an excellent donor experience
- Compassionate in striving to alleviate stress for families
- Takes initiative as a leader and has a desire to continually learn and improve
- Has development or sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment
- Energized by and committed to a culture of teamwork
- Committed to celebrating successes of all sizes
- Ability to take work seriously, but not yourself
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong computer skills
Added plus if you have experience in:
- Annual fund management
- Project management
- Business writing
- Nonprofit databases
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and answers to several short-answer questions by clicking this link.