About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
In June 2020, Echoing Green launched a $50M Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund. Echoing Green has spent the last 30+ years driving progress on racial equity, and with this initiative, they’re committed to making bold, increased strategic investments in their racial equity work.
Echoing Green’s Investments Team is directly responsible for delivering on the Racial Equity Philanthropic Fund’s goals. The Investment team will be responsible for setting the strategy, cultivating the pipeline, and running program operations required to financially invest in 500 social enterprises focused on racial equity in the U.S. and globally as well as for building onramps to social innovation for 5,000 leaders focused on racial equity.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Investments Assistant is a non-exempt entry-level position supporting the work of the Investments team. Reporting to the Director of Investments, the Assistant provides administrative support for the Investments team, particularly focused on stakeholder engagement, content creation, and event logistics.
The ideal candidate is excited about inclusive application processes, equitable investments, and has an interest in helping us to interact with and build our community. Echoing Green is looking for a highly organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver and community builder who will support the Investment team in running pipeline building events and in managing external communications with applicants, Fellows, application reviewers, and all other stakeholders.
Relationship Management and Communications
- Draft internal and external written communications on behalf of the Investments Team. This includes presentations, applicant workshops, recruitment messages, and mass email campaigns.
- Closely monitor team-specific email inboxes and triage internal and external requests for the Investments Team from inside and outside the organization
- Maintain correspondence with interested applicants, volunteers, corporate partners, and other constituents in the Echoing Green community.
- Facilitate introductions between members of the Echoing Green network via email.
- Support applicants throughout the application process by developing guidance materials, workshops, and other support tools.
- Assist in the screening, decision-making, and due diligence review of Fellowship applications and follow-on investment decisions.
- Liaise with key staff across sub-teams and departments to successfully execute all deliverables required to complete application review process or investment decision-making.
- Support the gathering of materials and/or research to present to internal and external stakeholders
- Support in the Investments team in the creation of surveys and forms
- Work with the Investments Team on special projects and research as directed.
Operations and Administration
- Assist in the preparation, logistics, and execution of Echoing Green events, including onramps programming, recruitment workshops, selection meetings, and Fellow gatherings (as needed).
- Maintain and update departmental files, documents, and procedures.
- Maintain and process payment requests as needed.
- Join and take detailed notes at Investments Team meetings and other sub-team meetings (as directed) responsible for tracking to-dos to support the Director in ensuring accountability and collaboration across the team.
- Provide data support across the Investments Team in Salesforce, updating contact records, creating campaigns, and exporting reports.
- Interest in social innovation, social justice, and international development
- Insight into dynamics around oppression and identity, power, and privilege domestically and globally
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience or interest in online and in-person community building
- Experience or aptitude for scheduling
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce, Survey Monkey Apply, Form Assembly, Conga Sign and others
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to take direction and execute with moderate oversight
- A “super-fan” of tools, systems, and scheduling with a deep desire for supporting the work of a team
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment that is committed to meeting rigorous deadlines.
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Discretion to handle proprietary and/or confidential materials and information
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
- Base Salary: $40,000 – 42,500 per year.
- Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.