About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach for America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes unexpected potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. They are fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Portfolio Assistant is a non-exempt entry-level position supporting the work of the Portfolio Team. Under the supervision of the Portfolio Programs Director, the Assistant will provide administrative support for the team, particularly focused on programmatic operations. Core to the mission of Echoing Green, the Assistant will enable to the team to provide predictable, transparent, and equitable support for the organization’s Fellow Community by ensuring that it operates efficiently and effectively.
Scheduling and Administration
- Responsible for scheduling internal and external meetings and events for the team, including but not limited to: Portfolio Team meetings and retreats, Fellowship Community gatherings, Employee Engagement sessions, and webinars
- Closely monitor team-specific email inboxes and triage internal and external requests for the Portfolio Team from inside and outside the organization
- Join and take detailed notes at Portfolio Team meetings, Employee Engagement sessions, cross-team meetings (as directed) and many community gatherings; responsible for tracking to-dos to support the Director in ensuring accountability across the team
- Liaise with Finance and Portfolio teams to ensure that there is a smooth transition from successful applicant to new Fellow status.
- Maintain and process payment requests
- Maintain and update departmental files, documents, and procedures
- Work with the Portfolio Team on special projects as directed
Communications, Events and Engagement
- Support with Fellow recruitment for Employee Engagement and other opportunities
- Assist in the logistical planning and implementation of Portfolio Support gatherings and Employee Engagement series (including production of materials, updating systems with guest list information, coordinating usage of online platforms, and tracking and monitoring progress).
- Provide support as directed for organizational events, gatherings, and meetings
- Provide copy-editing support for the team; support internal and external communications of the Portfolio Team, including coordination of the newsletter
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience or aptitude for scheduling
- Exceptional use of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google Suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience with or interest in learning tools such as Salesforce
- Ability to take direction and execute with moderate oversight
- A “super-fan” of tools, systems, and scheduling with a deep desire for supporting the work of a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
- Base Salary: $40,000 – 42,500 per year.
- Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.