About Echoing Green
Echoing Green identifies tomorrow’s transformational leaders today. Through its Fellowships and other innovative leadership initiatives, Echoing Green spots emerging leaders and invests deeply in their success to accelerate their impact.
Echoing Green has been ahead of the curve for 30 years, supporting visionary leaders around the world who are transforming their communities by addressing challenges in focus areas related to economic development, racial and gender equity, environmental sustainability, and more. Since its founding, Echoing Green has provided more than $45 million in funding to over 800+ Fellows who have worked in more than 86 countries and 39 U.S. states.
They’ve established a global community of emerging leaders who have launched Teach For America, City Year, One Acre Fund, SKS Microfinance, Last Mile Health, Hot Bread Kitchen, Public Allies, and hundreds of others. These organizations have leveraged Echoing Green’s seed investment to raise more than $5 billion in public and private funding. Echoing Green unleashes outstanding potential by tracking down the best and the brightest leaders, bringing them together, and launching them on their path to success.
Those who work at Echoing Green have a front-row seat to the brightest leaders with the most innovative ideas driving social progress across the world. The team is fired up to be their partners, their advocates, and their biggest champions.
For more information on Echoing Green, please visit www.echoinggreen.org.
The Content Specialist reports to the Director, Communications and External Affairs and will work closely with members of the Communications, Programs, Operations, and Development teams. This is a key position responsible for elevating the organization's brand and perspective across owned and earned platforms using traditional and digital communications tactics. They will collaborate with team members to support Echoing Green's mission and commitment to advancing racial equity through social innovation.
- Content Creation and Storytelling
- Contribute to the design and execution of Echoing Green's strategic communications plans
- Develop and maintain an editorial calendar to execute against a content strategy
- Write and edit communications materials, including blogs, publications, marketing campaigns, development collateral, and constituent communications
- Manage story-driven initiatives and projects across all platforms, including podcasts
- Media and External Relations
- Proactively and reactively manage media requests related to Echoing Green, Fellows and Alumni
- Manage PR firm
- Maintain and manage media lists and outreach
- Draft talking points and presentations for Echoing Green leadership as needed
- Vet and manage speaker requests for Echoing Green leadership
- Write and develop content for Echoing Green events, particularly as it relates to talking points
- Special Project Management
- From case studies to new reports, the Senior Associate, Communications will lead an assortment of individual projects throughout the year, and be highly engaged with other departments across the organization
- 5 years of work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience with public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced research skills and attention to detail
- Strong copy-editing skill set
- Proven ability to meet deadlines with competing timelines
- Collaborative, flexible, and well-suited to participating in an entrepreneurial, collegial environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels both internally and externally
- Ability to navigate challenging situations in a professional manner
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
- Alignment with the mission and vision of Echoing Green
- Base Salary: $65,000 – 67,000 per year
- Echoing Green offers a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, and a 403(b)-retirement savings plan with an employer match.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Echoing Green encourages applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital status, physical ability or any other legally protected basis.