LISC seeks a highly organized Development Officer to join the national development department and help grow and expand private resources for our national programs and local offices. Responsibilities will center on the development of grant proposals, reports, and other materials for existing and prospective funders. The successful candidate will be a strong writer, very organized, and able collaborate well with an active team and colleagues in LISC offices throughout the country.
The Development Officer reports to the Director of Development Operations and will preferably be based in NYC.
The following are an indication of the position’s core responsibilities; these are intended to illustrate the scope of responsibilities, and are not exclusive of other duties that may be required.
The Development Officer, working closely with the national development team, will support LISC in implementing our fundraising plan, with a focus on corporate and foundation donors. They will:
- Write, prepare and submit clear and compelling proposals and reports to foundations and corporations;
- Work with program staff to gather and synthesize program information needed for proposals or reports;
- Identify, evaluate and prioritize prospects for corporate and foundation grants;
- Develop presentations for existing and prospective funders;
- Write and edit other communications as needed including materials for stewardship;
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum three years development experience.
- Professional experience in community development is preferred.
- Excellent writing, editing, and research skills
- Interpret, articulate and present programmatic information and data in a compelling manner
- Excellent understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized; at ease working with tight deadlines
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Salesforce.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits.
Position is open until filled, but candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate “Development Officer Candidate” in subject line). No phone calls please.
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE