With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
LOCATION: Remote - US, Washington, DC
ABOUT THE TEAM
EDF is excited to be building an Audience Insights team. The Digital Insights Associate will be part of the newly formed Performance Marketing Team and will help us to improve the effectiveness of our marketing and communications. You will work with various data sources to help the team understand the digital conversations that affect our brand, our topic areas, and our key target audiences.
This newly created position will report to the Manager, Audience Insights and work collaboratively with internal stakeholders including close coordination with the Social Media Team, Communications Managers, and Membership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leverage social tools to track and monitor brand and topic conversations across major social media channels, including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Provide insight, recommendations, and reporting on key stakeholder groups who are discussing EDF and key topics across social media channels.
- Work with the Social Media and Communications Teams to identify potential areas of concern and escalate to appropriate stakeholders when appropriate.
- Work closely with the Social Media Team to identify opportunities for EDF to engage in online conversations based on conversation trends.
- Leverage Google Analytics to understand how important audiences access and utilize the EDF.org website.
- Use search trend/keyword tools to surface insights, identify areas of interest, and pinpoint questions of our audiences.
- Deliver detailed, regular and ad hoc reports on key topics and conversation trends.
- Collaborate with the Performance Marketing Team to leverage conversation data in content, communications and audience development processes.
- Contribute to the design of research/analysis, intelligence gathering, and data collection.
- Make recommendations based on audience needs and digital conversations during crisis situations.
Qualified candidates should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience using social media listening platforms.
- Experience with or exposure to Sysomos or Meltwater would be nice to have, but not required.
- Experience monitoring digital conversations for a large organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram).
- Experience utilizing market research tools to surface insights on target audiences.
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights that can inform strategy.
- Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
- Strong communication (written and presentation) skills.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter on our careers site at: https://www.edf.org/jobs/digital-insights-associate
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.