East Carolina University
Director Advancement Services
Vacancy #: 911007
Recruitment Range: Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Organizational Unit Overview
The Division of University Advancement is the friend-raising and fund-raising arm of the general academic areas of the university; therefore, all of its activities are designed to generate support, financial or otherwise, for East Carolina University. The units and subunits within the division work together to identify, involve, cultivate, and solicit alumni and friends of the university to gain financial support from the private sector for the purpose of enhancing the long- and short-range growth and welfare of the university. The Office of the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement is responsible for the following diverse units: Alumni Relations, ECU Foundation, ECU Medical and Health Sciences Foundation, and the office of University Advancement.
The Director of Advancement Services is responsible for all advancement services operations which include research, information systems, data management and development communications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement the advancement services strategic plan to create greater efficiency and eliminate duplicate tasks
- Develop and manage information systems to support the development, alumni relations and advancement programs of the university
- Develop advancement services policies and procedures
- Manage the budget for the advancement services operation
- Manage the advancement services staff
- Stream-line reports to support all development programs of the university
- Improve accountability for services provided
- Develop data-mining strategies to support major gift, planned gift and annual giving strategies
- Coordinate the development communications plan
- Maintain understanding of University’s fund raising priorities
- Work and coordinate with other members of the advancement staff to accomplish the goals and objectives of the division
- Bachelor’s degree with experience related to complex IT/system management/database management
Special Instructions to Applicant
- East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. Candidates must also submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references, including contact information, online.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Additional Instructions to Applicant
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.
Applications will be considered until position is filled. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 911007 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/50966