Donor Experience Manager/Senior Manager
The Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program (DBG) is a nonprofit after-school program for students aged 8-18. Through education, athletics, mentorship and intervention, the Downtown Boxing Gym empowers Detroit students to become positive and productive members of society.
Our work in the fund development department ensures that the young people we serve have all of the resources they need to be successful. We believe in Family, Trust, Respect, and Commitment and we show up. EVERY DAY. As a growing nonprofit, DBG is an ‘all hands on deck’ organization that remains nimble, in order to best address the needs of our students in every way possible. We are proud of our diverse team and hold equity as a standard for our colleagues, students, families, and community. While our work is incredibly meaningful and demands the highest level of integrity, we also offer a casual environment, and we love to have fun!
DBG is seeking a full-time Donor Experience Manager/Senior Manager to assist in creating and managing the systems for donor cultivation, engagement, and stewardship for the Fund Development Department. This role reports directly to Carolyn Geck, Development Director. For consideration, please include a cover letter, resume, and three references when applying for this position.
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, flexible business hours, and evenings and weekends as required
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Benefits: All full-time employees are eligible to receive healthcare benefits, paid time off, 401(k) with company matching and company paid short-term disability coverage. Professional development opportunities available and encouraged.
● Strategic engagement and stewardship of existing individual donors through Pardot engagement plans, letter writing, and newsletter content
● Financial and in-kind gift processing and tracking, in collaboration with the fund development and accounting teams
● Execution of annual fundraising efforts acquired through individual donors
● Cultivation of new donors through multiple outreach channels, including social media, newsletters, surveys, third-party events and event planning
● Plan, coordinate and execute donor engagement events, including: Friends of DBG introductory events, DBG’s annual UnGala, Hammer’s Bar Stars, and DBG student holiday events
● Maintain our Salesforce database, including donor profiles and survey details
● Prepare Salesforce reports and track outcomes against annual budget goals
● Collaborate with the communications team to develop and design personalized stewardship and collateral materials
● Identify new opportunities for donor engagement and stewardship to broaden and grow DBG’s donor base
● Coordinate donor recognition efforts, signage and annual report lists
● Schedule and facilitate gym tours
● Collaborate with the volunteer coordinator to cover event needs and engage donors
● Develop a comprehensive facility rental packet and execute revenue generation through facility rentals
● Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years of experience in a fund development or sales position, or relevant experience
● Project coordination/management experience
● Self-motivated professional with a proven record of success
● Skillful interpersonal and communication abilities are essential, both written and verbal, for diverse audiences
● Top notch work ethic, with confidence, initiative and enthusiasm
● Unwavering dedication to youth development
● Creative approach to problem-solving and industry trends
● Strategic, big picture perspective and attention to detail
● Demonstrated high-level organizational skills
● Enthusiastic ability to work collaboratively with and appreciate diverse team members and constituents
● Outstanding time management skills
● Be respectful of all staff, students, family and our community
● Able to rapidly adapt to changing situations
Great to haves:
● Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRMs
● Marketing, communications, business development experience
● Prior experience with youth development, after-school programs, or educational environments
● Previous engagement with low- to moderate-income families
DBG is an equal opportunity employer.
At DBG we go above and beyond, not because we have to, but because we want to!