East Carolina University
Executive Alumni Coordinator
Vacancy #: 912251
Recruitment Range: $31,200 - $48,391
Anticipated Hiring Range: $41,129
Closing Date: 06/23/2022
Organizational Unit Overview
The East Carolina Alumni Association is the constituency of former students whose continuing interest and support have helped ECU become known as one of the finest comprehensive universities in the South.
The East Carolina Alumni Association was created to develop a spirit of cooperation and loyalty among alumni and to promote the general welfare of the institution. The scope of the association, which was organized by the classes of 1911 and 1912 in June 1912, has grown tremendously as the alumni population has multiplied with a growing ECU. In order to keep pace with a rapidly developing university, the Alumni Association was incorporated as a 501©3 nonprofit organization in 1967. Since that time the alumni population has increased from 15,000 to more than 190,000.
The Executive Alumni Coordinator is responsible for handling alumni relations and alumni center administrative duties, including the highest quality of service when greeting guests (in person and digitally), answering phones/messages, handling email inquiries and performing general clerical, administrative, and customer service work in support of the alumni relations staff.
The position serves as the primary administrator for the alumni board of directors’ technology applications, information dissemination, and communication by composing outreach to board volunteers, committee chairs, etc. to schedule conference calls, meetings, and events.
The Executive Alumni Coordinator is also the first point of contact with alumni, students, and friends, and provides assistance to individuals by responding to routine questions; providing general information; answering the main phone line; making appointment and travel reservations for the Associate Vice Chancellor; managing electronic calendars’ and performing the general day-to-day management of the clerical duties that support the functioning of the Alumni Relations office and staff.
High School diploma or equivalency and three years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or Associate’s degree in secretarial science, business administration, or a related discipline and one year of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience; or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business administration or a related discipline.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with:
- Proven ability to manage competing priorities while meeting internal and external deadlines and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A strong affinity for the institution and a capacity to be able to champion the University and its educational mission among its various constituents.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, and motivational skills.
- A collaborative style that is well suited to working in a complex university setting
- Exemplary interpersonal skills requiring experience working in a university environment
- Experience using web-based platforms and the intellectual curiosity to explore the data being imported and exported from the CRM
- A high degree of comfort working with cultural diversity and an optimistic approach to work, supported by a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
Special Instructions to Applicant
- Please ensure your full range of knowledge, skills, abilities, experience and education are listed on your application. Do not write ‘see resume’ on your application when completing the job duties section.
- If you answer the questions at the end of the application, please ensure your application reflects the knowledge, skills, abilities and experiences to support your answers (see job duties section of previous employment).
- Failure to answer the questions at the end of the application will not preclude your application from being considered but may result in your application not receiving full consideration of your knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Application Types Accepted
Applications must be received in the Department of Human Resources by the closing date of 06/23/2022 to be considered. Please submit an online ECU application for vacancy # 912251 to ECU Human Resources at http://jobs.ecu.edu.
Eligibility for Employment
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. If highest degree earned is from an institution outside of the U.S. and its territories, final candidates are required to have their degree validated as equivalent to the degree conferred by a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.
East Carolina University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Visit this job posting at https://ecu.peopleadmin.com/postings/52332