Horizons for Homeless Children is seeking a Managing Director of Development to provide innovative and strategic leadership, a commitment to philanthropic engagement and growth, and a passion for its compelling mission. They will actively engage in the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals and will manage the day-to-day operations, systems, and processes to achieve and exceed annual goals.
For more than 30 years, Horizons for Homeless Children has been the only organization in Massachusetts focused exclusively on the needs of homeless children and families and alleviating the trauma and stress of homelessness on both children and their families. Prior to Covid 1,200 children were served weekly through their Early Education Centers and Playspace Program throughout the Commonwealth. Horizons currently serves 500 children and their families and looks forward to welcoming more children back to their Playspaces.
The Managing Director of Development will be a seasoned fundraiser and manager, with expertise in major gifts and special events. They will be adept at creating and implementing data-driven strategies to advance relationships and philanthropy and will be an empathetic and empowering manager, engaging a team to the highest levels of performance and impact.
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer, the incoming Managing Director of Development will serve as an integral member of the organization, providing inspiring and strategic leadership to advance this critical mission.
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong passion for Horizon’s mission to improve the lives of young homeless children.
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive development experience, including major gifts and special events, team leadership and management.
- Demonstrated success building philanthropic relationships and revenue partnerships.
- Experience leveraging individual, corporate and foundation relationships to access new sources of support.
- A proven track record of effective team management, including the ability to inspire, mentor, and develop staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a passion for creating relationships and optimizing the talents of Board members, colleagues, and staff.
- A commitment to Horizons’ six key initiatives toward advancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
- Ensure inclusive recruitment and hiring practices.
- Promote communities of belonging and learning.
- Cultivate diverse leadership from within the organization.
- Guarantee equity in compensation and performance management practices.
- Establish leadership accountability.
- Continue the educational journey collectively and individually.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, positive attitude, and flexibility.
- Strong working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is beneficial.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary for this position is $150,000
- Horizons is pleased to offer comprehensive and generous benefits to its employees
To apply or nominate someone, please send cover letter and resume to Wendy Wilsker, Managing Partner, Boyden Boston at firstname.lastname@example.org