Rhode Island School of Design is actively seeking two Philanthropy Officers to join the Major & Planned Gifts team in Institutional Advancement (IA). This department cultivates relationships from a variety of sources to support the priorities of the college. IA understands that art and design drive human progress and produce innovations that shape our world. It is deeply committed to building an inclusive community enlivened by a determination to address the most important challenges of our time, and the Major & Planned Gifts team is a big part of this purpose.
With a commitment to promoting an environment of inclusivity and respect, the Philanthropy Officer employs customer relationship management skills to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new and existing donors. Concentrating efforts on regionally-based alumni, parents, and friends, the Philanthropy Officer cultivates and solicits a portfolio of 150 major gift prospective and current donors, conducting at least 150 personal visits annually. The Philanthropy Officer devises personalized engagement plans for each assigned prospect, leveraging RISD cultivation opportunities, presenting gift opportunity proposals that speak to a donor’s philanthropic goals while supporting the mission and goals of the College. The individual develops and implements a comprehensive multi-year plan and timeline for assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned prospects, meeting or exceeding personal productivity goals. The Philanthropy Officer employs the Raiser’s Edge database to manage prospective donor strategies and moves, documenting all prospect interactions in a complete and timely fashion.
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of assigned prospective donors through face-to-face visits, engagement events, and other means. Tasked with overseeing and/or personally executing solicitation and closing gifts to secure major gifts in support of annual, endowment, and capital funds.
- Manage and maintain a portfolio of 150 major giving prospective and current donors at the $100,000+ level.
- Develops and executes an annual solicitation plan for submitted proposals and gift closures providing gift projections of commitments.
- Identifies and qualifies prospects within assigned portfolio who may need reengagement with RISD.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of personal contacts with assigned prospects, creating moves management plans related to them that include strategies of engagement and solicitations.
- Work with Senior Executive Director of Major and Planned Gifts to conceptualize plan and then partner with Institutional Advancement Events team to implement RISD events in assigned territory(s) that build the RISD brand and foster deeper engagement among top prospects and philanthropists in that area.
- Participate in Raiser’s Edge prospect tracking/management system, which identifies, assigns, rates, and tracks assigned prospects, complying with department policies and procedures.
- Conduct independent research through the Institutional Advancement database, Internet sources, and referrals from RISD representatives and volunteers to identify and appropriately engage assigned prospects.
- Perform related duties as requested.
- Work collaboratively with other members of Institutional Advancement to support department initiatives, plans, and projects.
- Serve as a representative of Institutional Advancement with other campus partners.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in outreach to volunteers and other fundraising partners
- Ability to communicate and present persuasively
- Strong organizational skills
- Sense of curiosity and genuine interest in people
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a broad spectrum of divisional and institutional colleagues, within an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Five years+ of fundraising (or related sales) experience devising and executing 5-figure and 6-figure solicitations
- Interest/experience in art and design is desired but not required.
- Experience in campaign environment preferred.
For more information and to apply: https://risd.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/RISD/job/Philanthropy-Officer_R-00926-1