PROSPECT MANAGEMENT DIRECTOR
National Latina Institute for Reproductive Justice
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION: Founded in 1994, the mission of the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Justice (Latina Institute) is to build Latina power to guarantee the fundamental human right to reproductive health, dignity and justice. We elevate Latina leaders, mobilize our families and communities, transform the cultural narrative, and catalyze policy change.
The Prospect Management Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of donor relationship management functions for the Development team. This role will lead prospect management and research for the fundraising needs of Latina Institute. They will be responsible for building out systems and workflows to ensure effective fundraising strategies and donor stewardship is achieved by the development team, Executive Director and member of Latina Institute’s board. The director will play an integral role in developing cultivation and fundraising strategies for top individual prospects/donors, including building a Major Gifts program over the next five years. This role supports and guides the fundraising efforts of the Latina Institute by conducting research, categorizing prospects and donors in terms of interest and capacity, and determining when they should be moved to active prospect lists for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. The Prospect Management Director assigns prospects by interest and affinity, manages movement through the pipeline, and assists development staff in planning strategies and priorities. The Prospect Management Director will manage two junior staff to be hired to support prospect research and individual giving at the organization. This position reports to the Senior Director of Development with consultant engagement with the Executive Director and support to the Board Development Committee.
Skills: Expertise in systems and workflows for fundraising prospect management principles and methods is required to expand and maintain fundraising for the organization. Knowledge of data mining methodology and predictive modeling. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage and understand the work of the Latina Institute to best vet and assign prospects for cultivation.
LOCATION: Washington, DC/New York, NY Preferred (this position will be fully remote through June 2021)
Primary responsibilities include (Other duties may be assigned):
• Develop and implement annual and long-term goals and strategies, in collaboration with development team.
• Oversee the daily prospect management operations including expanding on best practices for moves management, portfolio and pipeline analysis, and fundraising program assessment.
• Build out the prospect management functions in Salesforce to allow for reporting on prospect allocation and portfolio development, portfolio management, portfolio analysis and review, and pipeline management.
• Run team prospect management meetings around key funding initiatives including future campaigns, collaborative possibilities, and prospect landscape for Latina Institute outside of traditional reproductive health/rights/justice lines.
• Mentor, motivate and coordinate work flow for development team, including direct reports who execute the daily prospect management activities (including regular portfolio review meetings and the development of monthly metrics and dashboards) and the team providing research and analysis of major donors and prospects, including capacity ratings, indicators of interest in the organization’s programs and connections to other key constituents.
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of prospect development by attending training sessions and communicating with other researchers by means of national and state professional organizational memberships, conferences, and electronic mailing lists focusing on prospect research and fundraising issues
• Coordinates research to ensure current biographical and institutional information is routed to relevant staff. This includes initial prospect research, donor meeting prep and special events prep for key Senior and field staff to network effectively.
• Prepares the activity summary report for the Senior Director of Development and the Senior team containing new activity entries in the database and prospect/donor contact reports from development team members.
• Supports Board of Directors recruitment with research of prospective board members and supporting donor prospect leads provided in consultation with Senior Director of Development.
• Demonstrated commitment to reproductive freedom, immigrant women’s rights, social justice, and Latino civil rights.
• At least 6 years of relevant experience of directly related, progressively responsible experience in prospect research and data management and communication.
• Experience reporting, evaluating, analyzing, and presenting data insights.
• Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, structured, and persuasive manner.
• Expertise of moves management workflows and tracking to conduct effective donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
• A team player with proven ability to develop relationships and work collaboratively within a growing, changing organization.
• Experience in leading a team, including the development and implementation of a strategic vision and mentoring and motivating staff.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity. Sound judgment and ability to communicate and work collaboratively both internally with staff and externally with Board of Directors, donor base, and prospective donors.
• Ability to think creatively about fundraising opportunities, take initiative, and achieve results.
• Ability to employ tools and management practices like MOCHA and FAIR process to implementing workflows for prospect management.
• Ability to meet goals and balance competing priorities, while working under multiple deadlines.
• Excellent time and project management skills with a relational approach to building process and accountability.
• Ability to work collaboratively and function successfully as a member of a team.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and database systems, preferably Salesforce and/or EveryAction.
Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000 and will commensurate based on experience. Our comprehensive package of benefits includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision plans
• Vacation, wellness, and sick time
• Retirement plan, including employer match
• Paid parental leave
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please send a resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements via e-mail to email@example.com. Please write Prospect Management Director on the e-mail subject line. Position will be open until filled.
The National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health is an equal opportunity employer, committed to inclusive hiring and dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, including bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.