Are you passionate about working with socially progressive nonprofits? Then join our team!
O’Brien Garrett is an award-winning direct response fundraising agency looking for an experienced Vice President of Client Services to play an essential role in the success of our clients’ campaigns. An ideal candidate is a strategic and innovative thinker with a broad understanding of direct marketing strategies and strong project and people management skills. This person will guide cross-functional teams while working with internal and external partners that support our client work.
O’Brien Garrett is a collaborative team environment that encourages professional growth. You’ll work side-by-side with a talented group of professionals committed to helping forward-thinking organizations realize their fullest potential. Headquartered in Washington DC, we also have a New Orleans office located in Bywater.
The Vice President of Client Service is accountable for:
- Client satisfaction: You work across teams to ensure that all O’Brien Garrett clients are satisfied with our work together including establishing baseline client satisfaction metrics, setting goals, and developing and implementing strategies to achieve exceptional results. You seek feedback regularly and resolve issues and concerns quickly and effectively. When necessary, you work with the teams to make changes to strategies and budgets to come to mutually beneficial resolutions for both the agency and the client.
- Account service process and tools: You will keep a continuous improvement mindset, working with your team to evaluate, develop and implement the use of new processes and tools that will standardize the way we serve our clients.
- Team resourcing: You will be responsible for ensuring that our client teams are put together with the right mix of talent. You identify the number of staff and type of staff that are required to meet agency and client needs.
- Team development: You will be sure teams have the knowledge to do their jobs and grow in their skills and contributions to the agency. This starts with ensuring new team members are properly onboarded and acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to thrive. You will work with current team development processes, as well as identify and add new ones to help employees grow in their knowledge and grow in their roles.
As the Vice President of Client Services, you will:
- Collaborate with client teams to ensure customer satisfaction through the delivery of quality, timely project deliverables.
- Bring creative and strategic thinking to every project, provide goals and objectives, and develop appropriate tactics to drive results.
- Collect, analyze, and share results of campaigns as learning opportunities across teams.
- Determine best practices in overall processes and ensure that they are implemented company wide.
- Track industry trends and provide insight into how they are impacting our clients and our teams’ performance.
- Assist in creating and disseminating new insights, techniques and methods to enhance client teams' collective skillsets.
- Oversee the testing and sample library to ensure we are collecting and analyzing resources that will help inform and improve our output.
- Serve as direct manager of all account directors by acting as coach/mentor, providing appropriate and timely feedback, identifying areas for growth and improvement, and fostering relationships that positively impact company culture.
- Partner with the leadership team on identifying new business opportunities and leading the process for proposals and pitches.
- Contribute to other strategic projects as necessary.
The successful candidate will have some combination of the following attributes:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in direct marketing, communications or related fields
- Experience working with both large and small clients in a cause marketing, fundraising, or communications agency environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and willingness to pitch in when help is needed
- Strong written, verbal and people skills
- Experience managing and mentoring mid- to senior-level staff, developing teams, coaching individuals on performance and professional development, and promoting a positive work experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Slack, Asana, and/or other project management software
Please submit a detailed cover letter, your resume, and the contact information for three references as one PDF to email@example.com using “Vice President of Client Services” with your name as the subject of your email (e.g., Vice President of Client Services – Jane Doe).
Our client work often focuses on policies that impact the most marginalized people in society — including people of color, people from disadvantaged communities, women, and LGBTQ people. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
O’Brien Garrett offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health benefits, flexible schedules, paid time off, 13 paid holidays, transportation stipend, and 401(k). Ideally the successful candidate will work out of the DC or New Orleans office, but remote candidates will be considered.