ABOUT ICONIQ IMPACT
ICONIQ Capital is a privately held investment firm that advises and invests on behalf of some of the world’s most influential families and organizations. We create investment opportunities and strategies for our clients to manage their lives, philanthropy, and legacy.
ICONIQ Impact is ICONIQ Capital’s global platform for collaborative philanthropy. We harness the intelligence and convening power of ICONIQ’s network to achieve an outsized, measurable impact on some of the world’s most pressing problems. Our primary areas of focus include climate change, gender equity, health, democracy, refugee resettlement, education, and economic mobility. Since our inception in April 2019, we’ve mobilized over $450 million in grant commitments and have a goal to unlock $3 billion by 2030. Now, we’re looking to grow our team so we can dream bigger, act bolder, and drive impact at scale.
The ICONIQ Impact is dedicated to building authentic and trusting relationships with our clients and is committed to offering each of them superior support and care to meet their individualized giving needs. To ensure we meet and exceed our ambitious philanthropic goals, we are growing our internal capacity and are eager to find our next Vice President of Impact Platforms.
ICONIQ Impact seeks a Vice President of Impact Platforms to oversee the growth and design of our collaborative philanthropy platforms, which offer clients (donors) a seamless and engaging on-ramp to philanthropic giving. This includes ICONIQ Impact’s collaborative philanthropic funds (Co-Labs), which are managed in-house, as well as the philanthropic platforms of partners that bring donors together to spark giving. As Vice President of Impact Platforms, you will set the strategy and vision for the Co-Labs and other platforms, including identifying strategies to scale philanthropic giving and designing new platform opportunities. With support from the Impact Platform Manager, you will also ensure that donors and grantees have exceptional experiences and that goals for social impact are achieved. Given plans to scale these platforms, you are someone with experience building initiatives from the ground up and are comfortable moving swiftly from strategy to execution mode. In addition, you should bring strong fundraising and convening skills, as we seek to attract others to our platforms and create an engaging donor experience that includes learning and community building.
The position will report to Matti Navellou, Head of ICONIQ Impact, who will serve as lead contact for the clients and set the vision for their engagement. This is an exciting opportunity for an expert convener and highly organized professional to join a philanthropic start-up initiative poised for growth and transformational change. The Vice President of Impact Platforms will be a part of a hybrid team and will be required to work from the New York City or San Francisco office three days a week.
The Vice President of Impact Platforms’ Primary Responsibilities include:
- Set strategy and vision for collaborative philanthropy initiatives (platforms)
- Define and create alignment around a strategy to scale Impact platforms, while maintaining program quality
- Partnering with the Head of ICONIQ Impact, proactively identify opportunities to launch future Co-Labs or other collaborative philanthropy initiatives
- Utilize strategic marketing to elevate platform reach
- Maintain an understanding of client philanthropic interests and needs, as well as broader philanthropic trends and opportunities, to inform growth and launch of future collaborative initiatives
- Oversee performance and operations of Impact platforms
- Manage consultants and other strategic partners who help execute or otherwise support ICONIQ Impact’s Co-Labs and other platforms; identify new resource needs, as needed
- Oversee Impact Platform Manager to manage project timelines, scheduling, standard processes, grantee relationships, and other day-to-day operations across Impact platforms
- Create and manage systems to assess the performance of Impact platforms in meeting goals for growth and client experience
- Proactively identify risks and opportunities for improvement across Impact platforms
- Community growth and engagement
- Oversee the design of donor experience, including meetings and communications, that effectively keep ICONIQ Impact donors informed and engaged across various stages of giving, with support from the Impact Platform Manager
- Facilitate donor meetings, with support from the Head of ICONIQ Impact, that drive decision making and spark excitement
- Design and oversee fundraising campaigns, including events and marketing materials, that spark engagement and bring in new donors, with support from the Impact Platform Manager and the Communications Officer
- Grantee Management and Impact reporting
- Design long-term strategy and approach for grantee management and Impact tracking across the Co-Labs, with support from the Impact Platform Manager
Key Experience, Qualifications, and Skills:
What you’ve accomplished (required):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field 6-10 years of related professional experience
- Experience within philanthropy, nonprofit, CSR, campaigning or consulting with a social impact lens
- Experience developing learning and/or community engagement events for different audiences and initiatives
- Experience engaging effectively with high-net-worth individuals
- Experience designing and launching new programs or initiatives from the ground up
- Ability to work well and build trust quickly with a range of different partners across geographies and sectors
Other things you might have accomplished or would be excited to learn here:
- Experience building community among high-net-worth individuals
- Experience developing strategic communications campaigns to build awareness and support for a project or cause
- Experience reporting back on the impact of large-scale grants
- Experience managing multiple grantee partners and reporting on impact over time
Skills you have developed and knowledge you have acquired:
- Deep commitment to providing “white glove” service to clients
- Ability to lead strategy and vision for an organization, team, or project, including setting goals, identifying key strategies, creating a roadmap for execution, and gaining alignment across key stakeholders
- Able to manage and coach others to achieve performance and growth goals, while creating a positive work culture
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once while maintaining flexibility, attention to detail, and focus on critical outcomes
- Highly relational with the capacity to build strong working relationships with internal team members and capable of representing ICONIQ to clients, grantees, and other external audiences
- Able to design and facilitate meetings and other convenings that drive consensus, excitement, learning, and/or other goals for engagement
- Familiarity with one or more social issue area, with demonstrated ability to learn quickly about others
- Able to create communications materials that are clear, concise, compelling and tailored to audience needs
- Passion for social impact and a drive to make a positive impact on the world
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and expertise. In addition, we offer the opportunity to work with and learn from an amazing group of impact-driven professionals!
The Vice President of Impact Platforms is a full-time, exempt role, and will be eligible to receive:
- 24 PTO days per fiscal year plus company-paid holidays corresponding with NYSE
- 100% employer-paid medical (Kaiser HMO), vision, and dental benefits for individuals
- An array of well-rounded benefits, including 4% retirement match, mental health benefits, HSA, monthly wellness stipend, FSA for medical and childcare expenses, access to customized fertility and parenting services, and both life and disability insurances.
ICONIQ Impact is partnering with RCG Talent Solutions to find our next Vice President of Impact Platforms. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to email@example.com.
RELEVANT POLICIES AT ICONIQ IMPACT
Effective 9/30/2021, all job offers shall be contingent upon the job applicant submitting proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption as an accommodation. At present, only fully vaccinated employees are allowed in the Firm’s offices.
ICONIQ provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.