ABOUT ICONIQ IMPACT
ICONIQ Capital is a privately held investment firm that advises and invests on behalf of some of the world’s most influential families and organizations. We create investment opportunities and strategies for our clients to manage their lives, philanthropy, and legacy.
ICONIQ Impact is ICONIQ Capital’s global platform for collaborative philanthropy. We harness the intelligence and convening power of ICONIQ’s network to achieve an outsized, measurable impact on some of the world’s most pressing problems. Our primary areas of focus include climate change, gender equity, health, democracy, refugee resettlement, education, and economic mobility. Since our inception in April 2019, we’ve mobilized over $400 million in grant commitments and have a goal to unlock $3 billion by 2030. Now, we’re looking to grow our team so we can dream bigger, act bolder, and drive impact at scale.
The small and tight-knit team at ICONIQ Impact is dedicated to building authentic and trusting relationships with our clients and is committed to offering each of them superior support and care to meet their individualized giving needs. To ensure we meet and exceed our ambitious philanthropic goals, we are growing our internal capacity and are eager to find our next VP, Philanthropy Advisor.
ICONIQ Impact is seeking an experienced VP, Philanthropy Advisor to support ICONIQ clients with their philanthropic strategy and giving needs. This position will heavily support one ICONIQ family but will also provide philanthropic advisory and support to additional ICONIQ clients—particularly where clients’ giving interests overlap. The primary family prioritizes giving opportunities that are high-leverage, equity-oriented, human-centered, and collaborative. With these criteria in mind, the Philanthropic Advisor will be responsible for curating open-source giving portfolios focused on (but not limited to) climate change, gender equity, global health, criminal justice reform, and education.
The Philanthropic Advisor will additionally be expected to support the creation of new collaborative philanthropic initiatives and engagement opportunities among clients with similar giving interests. They will serve as a project manager for initiatives where their clients are participants.
Demonstrated experience working with UHNWI and a commitment to providing “white glove” service is required, as is the ability to travel for client and grantee meetings. The position will report to Matti Navellou, SVP of ICONIQ Impact, who will serve as lead contact for the clients and set vision for their engagement. The ideal candidate is excited to work in a deputy capacity and should additionally have subject-matter expertise in one or more of the aforementioned issue areas. The VP, Philanthropy Advisor will be a part of a hybrid team and will be required to work from the New York City or San Francisco office three days a week.
The VP, Philanthropy Advisor’s Primary Responsibilities include:
- Strategic Leadership
- Work closely with and support the SVP of ICONIQ Impact to develop multi-year giving strategies and portfolios for major philanthropists across multiple issue areas
- Act as a subject-matter expert across climate change, gender equity, global health, criminal justice reform, and education for the ICONIQ Impact business unit
- Develop tailored giving strategies and launch new collaborative giving vehicles for ICONIQ families
- Build open-source philanthropic portfolios for ICONIQ families, with a focus on giving opportunities that are high-leverage, equity-oriented, human-centered, and collaborative
- Scale ICONIQ Impact’s pipeline of strategic “deal-flow” partners and expand ICONIQ’s in-house expertise across the philanthropy landscape
- Develop strong and collaborative internal relationships to partner on client needs
- Direct Philanthropic Advising and Engagement for ICONIQ Clients
- Build relationships with clients that are deeply rooted in trust
- Develop a deep understanding of families’ expectations and giving preferences in order to serve as a knowledgeable client advocate and ensure tailored execution of their giving strategy
- Translate client goals into actionable work plans and serve as a project manager and hands-on executor working across internal and external partners as needed
- Serve as a key point of contact for day-to-day client service needs
- Promote and ensure respect for client privacy and confidentiality in all matters
- Philanthropic Community Engagement
- Proactively identify relevant educational opportunities for the clients
- Create engaging events for the philanthropic community
- Collaborate with Communications and Programs teams to deliver compelling events and content for the community
KEY EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
What you’ve accomplished (required):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant field (international development, social impact, international affairs, global health, etc.)
- 8+ years of work experience with specific experience in philanthropic advisory, management consulting, or non-profit leadership
- Experience and comfort working with UHNWI or client-facing role
Other things you might have accomplished or would be excited to learn here:
- Ability to establish a deep relationship with a primary client and arrive at an understanding of the client’s interests and needs
- Management of multiple high-wealth client portfolios and ability to set individualized, coherent, and inspiring strategies for each
- Experience building efficient, effective, and routinized systems to identify key information, complete due diligence, make grants and collect relevant reporting
- Experience partnering with a communications team to create and strengthen donor community through thoughtful communication and connection
- Experience or desire to learn and work in an entrepreneurial, high-pressure environment
- Ability to expand network of strategic partners
Skills you have developed and knowledge you have acquired:
- Deep commitment to providing “white glove” service to clients
- Strategist who is able to marry client goals and information from a given social sector to create and execute effective strategies that lead to measurable impact
- Networker who builds deep, candid, and authentic relationships internally and externally with ease
- Strong operator who is able to plan, manage, and pivot actions for self and others based upon up- to-date knowledge and information
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner, both written and verbal
- Passion for social impact and a drive to make a positive impact on the world through advancing social programs
- Knowledge of philanthropy best practices and trends (best practices of due diligence methodology, trust-based philanthropy, effective altruism, etc.)
- Ability to conduct in-depth research to quickly learn issue areas that are new to them
- Experience working professionally with individuals and/or organizations across countries
- Deep knowledge of at least one priority cause: climate change, global health, gender equity, social justice, or criminal justice reform
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience and expertise. In addition, we offer the opportunity to work with and learn from an amazing group of impact-driven professionals!
The VP, Philanthropy Advisor is a full-time, exempt role, and will be eligible to receive:
- 24 PTO days per fiscal year plus company-paid holidays corresponding with NYSE
- 100% employer-paid medical (Kaiser HMO), vision, and dental benefits for individuals
- An array of well-rounded benefits, including 4% retirement match, mental health benefits, HSA, monthly wellness stipend, FSA for medical and childcare expenses, access to customized fertility and parenting services, and both life and disability insurances.
ICONIQ Impact is partnering with RCG Talent Solutions to find our next VP, Philanthropy Advisor. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to email@example.com.
RELEVANT POLICIES AT ICONIQ IMPACT
Effective 9/30/2021, all job offers shall be contingent upon the job applicant submitting proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date or have obtained an approved medical or religious exemption as an accommodation. At present, only fully vaccinated employees are allowed in the Firm’s offices.
ICONIQ provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.